Wednesday, April 22, 2020

COVID-19 journal, March 26, 2020


March 26th


It's sunny, and three small crocus were blooming in the backyard.  I brought them inside so I can stare at their purple veined petals up close.

I got a bread maker in today's mail. I googled Anadama bread, and it's whirring away on the counter. Of course I didn't read the directions first, so I didn't make a small hole for the yeast like I guess I'm supposed to, and I don't know why it beeped several minutes in, and I don't know what size loaf I'm making or how long it should bake, but it's a bread machine, so I'm sure it knows what it's doing.

This morning I woke up hopeless, worried, and Tom woke up  more positive. We balanced each other out. There have been 200 deaths in the US so far, and it looks like one out of every 60 . . . oh, I'm not going to finish that sentence.

This afternoon I'll go into Portland and take a walk with Marlena and Sophie.

  • Tom and I like to watch the birds while we eat dinner.
  • My mother ordered new nightgowns on line and and a new toaster
  • At 8PM we can hear a shout from the neighbors - something that began in Italy when people were in their homes day after day. Here on our quiet road, it sounds like a small tantrum.
  • We're getting take-out tonight. I'm excited and also fearful.

No comments:

Post a Comment