Sunday, August 16, 2015

Amerescoggin Road


Just 3 roads away is where they began their lives,
the two people who raised me.
They often told the story of this house, their first home.
They had no furniture and their good friends at the top of the road brought chairs
down to their house
every time they entertained.

It's all I know about this place, really,
and now I've found a booklet of 7 photos,
no people,
all bound together,
all the same photo
of the house they lived in
for a year.

My father must have had a reason
to print 7
and bind them in a booklet.
He was always sharing his photos.
Maybe he planned to.

Soon,
when I get up the nerve,
I'll walk over to the house and offer this booklet,
this little bit of history for them to know.
Here, here is your house in 1952.
My parents lived here.
They had no furniture.


No comments:

Post a Comment